1/2 lb tindora,ends snipped off and sliced into thin circles.
1 medium onion,finely chopped
1 small potato chopped into small cubes
1/2 tsp ginger,grated
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric
salt to taste
few curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/8 tsp hing/asafoetida
2 tbsp oil
What you need to do
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan,when hot drop in the sliced tindora and stir fry for 3-4 mins on medium heat.Add 1/2 tsp each of salt and turmeric.Mix.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 15 mins.Give them a couple of shakes so that they don't burn.
- After 15 mins remove them in a plate and in the same pan heat the remaining oil,when hot add hing,mustard seeds.
- When they splutter add curry leaves ,ginger and mix.
- Add the onion and cook till they are pink.
- Now drop in the potato,1/2 tsp each of turmeric and salt.
- Saute for couple of mins and cover and cook for 2 mins.
- Add in the tindora ,coriander powder and chilli powder.Combine and cover and cook for 15 mins.
- Check for spices and salt.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.