1 cup All purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup yogurt (low fat)
2 tbsp unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
Here's what you need to do
- Preheat the oven to 350 Deg F.Grease the baking dish with olive oil or butter.
- Sieve the Flour and baking soda thrice.
- Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.Add Vanilla and mix.
- Beat the yogurt and add it to the sugar butter mixture.
- Add the flour a few tbsp at a time and fold it gently in the wet mixture.
- Pour in the greased dish and bake for 40 mins or until the toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
- Cool and slice it.Enjoy with a cup of coffee.
If the consistency of the yogurt is very thick the batter will be thick and the cake will be dense. Add 2 tbsp of water to the batter in this case.
- You could add nuts and/or tutti frutti to this cake.
- Reduce the yogurt to 3/4 cup and add 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1 tbsp of lemon zest instead to make it a lemon yogurt cake.