3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup +2 tbsp quick oats
1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup salted butter*
1 cup Semi sweet chocolate chips
1 large egg *
6 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup raspberry jam
* at room temperature
What you need to do
- Microwave 1/2 cup chocolate chips in the microwave until melted.
- In a bowl,combine the flour,oats,cocoa and baking powder.
- In another bowl,combine softened butter, sugar and egg. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add the flour mixture and melted chocolate and beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Make indentation in center of each cookie with thumb and fill each indentation with about 1/4 teaspoon jam.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Let stand 2 minute on cookie sheets; remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips in the microwave.Drizzle over the cookies.
Makes: 2 Dozens
- For filling:Substitute with 1/2 cup of your favorite flavor jam or use a 10 oz jar of maraschino cherries patted well instead of jam.