3/4 cup whole wheat flour(see note)
1/2 cup instant oats
1/4 cup butter,melted
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp powdered cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1-2 tbsp milk
What you need to do
- Sift the whole wheat flour,baking soda,cinnamon and baking soda.Add the oats.
- In a large bowl,cream the butter and sugar.
- Slowly fold in the flour mixture the creamed butter.
- Add the milk as required so that the mixture comes together and can be rolled in ball.
- Take 1 tbsp of the mixture and roll it between your palms to make a ball and slightly flatten it.
- Place the balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 deg F for 18-20 mins.
- Let it cool for atleast 15 mins before you handle it for either serving or storing.
- I have used Indian atta to make these cookies.
- Cooking time will vary as per the thickness of the cookies.
- Add chocolate chips to the cookies to make them instant hit among kids.
- We like it with nuts and raisins too.
- You can replace whole wheat flour with plain flour for lighter cookies.
Makes 12-14 cookies