1 1/2 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 TBSP Cocoa powder
4 overripe bananas,mashed
1/3 C white sugar
1/3 cup oil
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 cup raisins
1/4 cup walnuts,chopped
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp all spice(optional)
1 TBSP rolled oats
2 TBSP Flax seeds
What you need to do
- Grease a loaf pan (9"X 5") and set the oven to preheat at 350 deg F.
- In a mixing bowl,add the mashed bananas,sugar,oil,vanilla extract and all spice.Combine well.
- Sift all the dry ingredients-Wheat flour,cocoa,baking soda and baking powder.
- In a bowl combine raisins,walnuts and 1 tsbp flax seeds.Add 1 tbsp of the dry ingredients to this all combine well.This will prevent the raisins and walnuts from sinking in the cake.
- Add the dry ingredients in batches into the banana mixture.Fold gently.
- Once done,add the raisin-walnut mix and give it a gentle fold.
- Pour this batter in the loaf pan and give it a gentle tap to release all the air bubbles in the batter.
- Sprinkle the rolled oats and remaining flax seeds on the top.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 40 mins,or until the tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool it on a wire rack.Slice and serve.
- Store the left over if any,in a air tight container.
- Stays good refrigerated for a week and at room temperature for 3 days.
1.Substitute brown sugar for regular sugar.
2.Add chocolate chip instead of cocoa.
3.Bake muffins.This recipe makes 16 fast vanishing muffins.Bake at 350 deg F for 20 mins.