3 cups All purpose flour
1 packet of Active Dry Yeast
2 Tbsp Sugar
3 Tbsp Butter
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup warm milk
1/4 cup lukewarm water
2 tbsp milk for brushing
3 tbsp white sesame seeds
1 tbsp of oil
1 cup boiled potato
1 cup cauliflower
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 cup carrot
1/2 cup green pepper
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tbsp kitchen king masala
salt to taste
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp cilantro.finely chopped
1 small onion,finely chopped
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
Here what you need to do:
- Heat oil in a pan,when hot add cumin and when they change colour, add onion and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add the cauliflower,carrot ,peas and green pepper and cover and cook until they are almost done.
- Add the red chilli,turmeric,coriander powder,kitchen king masala and salt.Cover and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add the potatoes and cover and cook for 2 mins.
- Add cilantro and lemon and mix.
- The filling shouldn't be too dry.
- Let this mixture cool completely.
- Mix water with yeast and sugar.Set aside till frothy,about 15 mins.
- Add butter to the milk and mix until the butter melts.
- Mix flour and salt.Sift twice.
- Make a well in the center and add the yeast and the butter and milk mixture.
- Gently mix the flour to form a sticky ball.Grease your palm with little oil and start kneading.
- Do not add more flour.Continue kneading for atleast 10 min still you have a silky smooth dough.
- Lightly coat it with a tsp of oil and place it in a large bowl and cover the bowl with a cling wrap or a damp kitchen towel and place it in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Now the dough will be almost double its original volume.
- Punch the dough down and knead it for couple of mins.
- Divide it in 15 balls.Lightly flour the surface and roll each ball in a 5 inch disc.
- Add a Tsbp of the filling, seal the edges and gently roll it over your greased palm till it forms a ball.Give it a gentle press.
- Grease a cookie sheet and place the buns one and half inch apart.Cover with a damp cloth and set aside for an hour.
- Brush the buns with milk and sprinkle few sesame seeds on top.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F for 10 mins.Bake the buns for 25-30 mins.
- Serve warm.
- Edges should be sealed properly.
- Stuffing should be neither too wet nor too dry.
- Use 2 cup wheat flour and a cup of All purpose flour for buns.
- Use any combination of vegetable for the stuffing.
- You could even stuff it with dabeli masala (dabeli potato mixture) to make it a stuffed dabeli.
- Leftover sabzi will make a great stuffing.
- You could use your choice of non veg for the filling too.