1 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour/Atta
1/2 cup+1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 medium carrots,grated
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon(optional)
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup milk
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbsp chopped walnuts,coated lightly with 1/2 tsp of plain flour/maida
What you need to do
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F and line the muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Dry mix-Sift the wheat flour,baking powder,baking soda,salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl,add yogurt,milk,sugar,vanilla and oil and mix until smooth.
- Slowly incorporate the dry mix to form a lump-free batter.
- Gently fold in the carrots.
- Spoon the batter in the liners until 3/4th full.
- Garnish each muffin with some walnuts.
- Pat the muffin tray couple of times to release air bubbles,if any.
- Bake for 20 mins.
- Switch off the oven and let it stand for another 2 mins.
- Remove and cool on the wire rack.
- Stays good in a air tight container at room temperature for 2 days.
- My atta brand:Sujata
- If the weather is hot, refrigerate the muffins after a day and warm it for 30 secs in the microwave before serving.
- All the ingredients should be at room temperature.