2 tsp vinegar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1 cup cold water (i stored a cup of water in refrigerator for 30 mins)
Here's what you need to do:
- Grease and line 15 muffin cups and preheat the oven to 325 deg F.
- Sift the flour,cocoa,baking soda and salt thrice.
- In a bowl mix the water,oil and vanilla.
- Add 1 tbsp of the dry mix to the chocolate chips and mix till they are coated well.Set aside.This prevents the chips to sink at the bottom.
- Add the dry ingredients to the water mixture and gently fold until you get a smooth batter.If you want to store the batter for later use this is the perfect time.Drop the batter in a clean airtight container and store it up to a week.
- Add the vinegar and mix well.Fold in the chips.
- Pour the batter in the muffin cups until they are 2/3 full.Use a ice cream scoop or a 1/3 cup to distribute the batter evenly.
- Pat the muffin tray lightly on the counter top to release any air bubbles in the batter and place in the center rack of the oven and bake them for 22-25 mins or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- One done let them cool in the pan for 4-5 mins and the cool them on a wire rack.
- One completely cooled store them in an airtight container at room temp for up to 3 days.
- I used a non stick 12 cup muffin pan.If you are not using non stick pan bake at 350 deg F for the suggested time.
- I rotated the pan at 17th min by 180 deg.
- The batter is thin but the end result is fabulous.
- You could add 1/2 tsp coffee to the water.Coffee enhances the flavor of chocolate.