Happy Makar Sankranti!
1 cup whole wheat flour/atta
1 cup all purpose flour/maida
2 tbsp besan
2 tbsp oil
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup white sesame seeds
3 tbsp khuskhus/poppy seeds
3 tbsp roasted peanuts
1 cup powdered jaggery
1/4 cup besan
1/8 cup coconut powder/dessicated coconut
3-4 tbsp ghee
1/4 tsp elaichi powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
What you need to do
- In a bowl,combine the 3 flours and salt.
- Mix the milk,water and oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for a minute.
- Add this warm mixture to the flour-mixture and make a smooth dough.Knead for atleast 5 mins.
- Cover the dough and let it sit aside for an hour.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds,poppy seeds and coconut powder till light golden.When cooled,grind it along with the peanuts into a powder.
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a heavy bottom pan.Add the besan and roast until light golden.Add more ghee if needed.
- In a bowl,combine the ground powder,roasted besan,powdered jaggery,elaichi powder and nutmeg.Mix well and form small ball of this mixture.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat.Take a golf size ball of dough and make a small roti.Place the sweet stuffing ball at the center of this roti and seal the edges well.Roll into a round roti of medium thickness.Use maida for dusting.
- Place this poli on hot skillet.Flip it after 10 secs.Apply ghee on the top surface and flip it once again.Make sure the poli is cooked well at the edges too.
- Serve this warm with ghee.
Storage:Can be stored for a week