1 cup All Purpose flour
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp crushed kasoori methi
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp ajwain (optional)
salt as per taste
oil for frying
What you need to do
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil,when warm add the kasoori methi,chilli powder,turmeric and salt.Saute for 30 secs.
- In a bowl,add flour,the above mixture,ajwain and remaining oil and mix well.Using water form a hard consistency dough.
- Cover and rest the dough for 30 mins.
- Make small balls of the dough.
- Roll each into a thick roti and cut out shankarpali( diamond shape) using a knife.
- Heat oil for frying.Fry the cut diamond on a medium heat until golden.
- When cooled,store in an airtight container.
- You can sprinkle some chaat masala on the still warm shankarpali.