2 cups All purpose flour
1 cup milk powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup yogurt
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
What you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F.Grease the cake pan with oil and dust it lightly with flour.
- Mix and sieve the dry ingredients thrice.
- Cream the oil and sugar till smooth.Add rest of the wet ingredients and combine.
- Gentle fold in the flour a tbsp at a time into smooth batter.
- Pour out a cup of this batter in a bowl add 2 tbsp of cocoa powder and mix.
- In the cake pan add a tbsp of white batter then a tbsp of cocoa batter and continue in similar manner until both batters are finished.With a knife make random zig-zag patters a couple of times.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40 mins or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Tricolor cake :
- Just equally divide the batter in 3 bowls.
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp of cocoa powder to one and 1/4 tsp of any food color of your choose to another.
- Add a tbsp of batter from each bowl to the cake pan and bake
You can substitute oil with butter.