1 1/2 cup sprouted vaal
1 medium potato,diced in 1" cubes
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp jaggery
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp hing
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
Here's what you need to do
- Heat oil in a kadhi,when hot add hing ,mustard seeds and when they crackle add the potato and vaal,cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of boiling water,chilli powder,turmeric,jaggery,salt.
- Cover and cook until the vaal are tender,about 15 mins.
- Uncover and cook till water evaporates.
- Transfer in a serving bowl and garnish with cilantro.
Soak 3/4 cup dry vaal in water for 10 -12 hours.Drain and wrapped them tighly in damp cloth and set aside for 18-24 hours.Transfer the sprouts in warm, water and set aside for 30 mins.With your thumb gently peel out the skin from the vaal.wash the vaal before use.