Tuesday, February 24, 2009

French beans with red chilles




Ingredients

2 cups chopped fresh french beans
4-5 curry leaves
2-3 red chillis
1tsp cumin seeds
1tsp urad dal
1tbsp grated coconut/coconut powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp oil
1tsp sugar
salt to taste

Method

Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan.Add the cumin seeds, urad dal,curry leaves,red chillis and cocunut fry for couple of minutes.Now add the french beans,salt,sugar,tumeric and chilli powder.Stir fry for 5 mins.Cover and cook until beans are cook.Beans shouldn't be cooked until too soft and mushy.

Serve hot with chappati.

5 comments:

Asha said...

Green beans dish looks delicious, I would love it with parathas. Good one! :)

Madhu's cooking gallery said...

Ankita, Thanks for visiting my blog and your leaving your comments. You have nice blog here. I love this beans curry..good one..

Geeta said...

The beans look simple and delicious.
Makes me want to try it out soon.

Madhumathi said...

Hi Ankita,Thanks for visiting me..You have lovely space here..
And I like this simple french bean dish..Will try for sure :)

Vishali said...

Hey Ankitha...Green beans look perfect for rice with some dal....I like them spicy :)