For the dough
1 cup bread flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry yeast
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp olive oil
For the pizza sauce
1/2 can tomato sauce
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp freshly ground pepper
4 basil leaves
1 tsp red chili flakes
5 garlic pods,crushed
salt to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup onion,sliced
1/4 cup green pepper,sliced
10-15 spinach leaves
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
You may add more topping of your choice.
What you need to do
- Add yeast and sugar in 1/4 cup of water and microwave for 10 secs.
- Let the mixture froth.
- In a wide bowl,mix the bread flour and salt,add the yeast mixture,1 tbsp oil and 1/4 cup of warm water and knead to form a dough.
- Coat the dough ball with oil and cover the bowl with a cling wrap and set aside for 45 mins.
- For the sauce,heat oil in a pan,when hot add the garlic,saute for couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce,ketchup,seasoning,ground pepper,chili flakes,salt and basil leaves.Cover and cook until the sauce is thick but spreadable.
- After 45 mins,punch the dough and knead for 2 mins.
- Grease the pizza pan,roll the dough to a thin disk big enough to fit the pizza pan.Use dry flour for dusting.
- Brush this pizza base lightly with oil and cover and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 deg F.
- Spread the sauce on the base ,sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese,then spread the toppings and finally the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 16 mins.
- Turn on the low broil and broil for 4 mins.
- Switch off the oven.Remove the pizza and let it cool for at least 15 mins before you slice it to serve.
Make one large pizza.