8 medium size red roma tomatoes,roughly chopped
1 small yellow onion,chopped
5 garlic pods,crushed
1 medium size carrot,thinly sliced
6-8 sweet basil leaves
1 tsp dry oregano
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp fresh cream (optional)
What you need to do
- Heat oil in a pan,when hot add the garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- When the garlic changes color,add the onions and cook them until soft.
- Then add the tomatoes and carrot,cover and cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Now add the dry spices(pepper,oregano,Italian seasoning) ,basil leaves, salt and sugar.Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Switch off the flame and let the mixture cool.
- Pour the mixture in a blender ,add tomato ketchup and 1/2 cup of water and puree until smooth.
- Heat butter in a pan,when hot pour the smooth puree and let it simmer until it comes to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and add the fresh cream.
- Serve hot/warm with garlic bread or grilled cheese sandwich.