2 cup Besan
1 cup ghee,melted
1/2 cup milk
11/2 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 tsp cardamom powder
3 tbsp silvered almonds and pistachios for garnishing
1/4 tsp oil
What you need to do
- In a wide bowl,take besan,1/2 cup ghee and milk.Mix well.Set aside for 45 mins.
- In a saucepan,take sugar and water and cook till you get 1 string consistency.
- While the sugar syrup get ready,heat the remaining ghee in a kadhai,add the besan mixture and roast till besan changes color.
- Add the hot sugar syrup and cardamom powder to this roasted besan and cook the mixture for 3-4 mins till it is little thick and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Grease a 10 inch plate with oil,pour in the prepared mixture and garnish with almonds and pistachios.Set aside for 2 hours.
- Cut the mohanthal in desired shapes and serve.
Makes - 30 small squares.