1 lb red ripe tomatoes,blanched and pureed
15 fresh basil leaves,chopped
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 1/2 tbsp pepper
8 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp tomato paste (substitute:2 tbsp ketchup)
1 tsp crushed red pepper(optional)
What you need to do
- In a heavy bottom pan.add oil.When hot drop in the crushed garlic cloves.
- After a min,add the basil leaves.Let them cook for 30 secs.
- Pour in the puree d tomatoes.
- Place the lid and let the sauce simmer for 10 mins.
- Add in the pepper,seasoning,salt,red pepper and tomato paste.Simmer covered for 10 more minutes.
- Cool and store refrigerated in sterilize glass bottle.Stay good for a month.