Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pineapple sheera


I had half pineapple sitting in my fridge for couple of days and I wanted to use in up before my fridge cleaning schedule.I couldn't think of any recipe to add it to except navratan korma and pineapple sheera.So I made both this week and it was the first time I made a pineapple sheera and my son loved it.

Ingredients

!/2 cup fresh pineapple chopped into small cubes
1/2 cup sooji
1 tbsp ghee
1/4 cup sugar (you can add more according to your taste)
1/2 tsp cardamon powder
nuts and raisins according your liking
Few strands of saffron
1 cup water
1 tbsp warm milk

Method


  • Boil the pineapple pieces in 1 cup water until they are soft.
  • In a pan, add ghee roast the nuts and raisins.Keep aside.
  • In the same pan, add sooji and roast until light golden brown,
  • Remove the tender pineapple pieces from the boiling water and add the water to the sooji.Stir well.
  • Sooji will absorb water and thicken.Mash half of the boiled pineapple pieces.Now add sugar,mashed and chopped pineapple pieces,cardamon,saffron(dissolved saffron in warm milk) and mix well.Cover and cook for 4-5 mins.Serve hot.