Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pineapple sheera


I had half pineapple sitting in my fridge for couple of days and I wanted to use in up before my fridge cleaning schedule.I couldn't think of any recipe to add it to accept navratan korma and pineapple sheera.So I made both this week and it was the first time I made a pineapple sheera and my son loved it.

Ingredients

!/2 cup fresh pineapple chopped into small cubes
1/2 cup sooji
1 tbsp ghee
1/4 cup sugar (you can add more according to your taste)
1/2 tsp cardamon powder
nuts and raisins according your liking
Few strands of saffron
1 cup water
1 tbsp warm milk

Method

Boil the pineapple pieces in 1 cup water until they are soft.In a wok add ghee roast the nuts and raisins.Keep aside.In the same wok add sooji and roast until light golden brown,Remove the tender pineapple pieces from the boiling water and add the water to the sooji.Stir well.Sooji will absorb water and thicken.Mash half of the boiled pineapple pieces.Now add sugar,mashed and chopped pineapple pieces,cardamon,saffrom(dissolved saffron in warm milk) and mix well.Cover and cook for 4-5 mins.Serve hot.

13 comments:

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

I have 1 whole pineapple sitting in the fridge and now you r tempting me to make this. looks very delicious Ankita. we call it pineapple kesari in tamil.

Cham said...

I was about to say the same like Mahi , p. kesari :) The color is awesome!

Madhumathi said...

Never made pineapple kesari/sheera..It looks so yummy..Will try this out when I buy pineapple next time :)

Chitra said...

nice color ankita,never tried it,very tempting pics!!

Preety said...

i have one can of pineapple in my pantry which i bought to try pastry but still didn't get a chance to give it a try..but sheera looks more easy to give a try

Gita's Kitchen said...

Hi Ankita,
Thanks for the comment. Love all your recipes. I am in Virginia too. I live at Sterling, Loudon. Are you nearby Sterling?

Ashwini said...

Love this sheera. Looks yumm.

Lavi said...

i would love to try this ankita! as cham said, this is our kesari recipe, with a pineapple touch.

Ann said...

never have tried this one..looks extremely yummy..go on ankita..you got a coool place..thanks for visiting me.Hope to see you frequently.am adding you.

Superchef said...

sheera gets such a special flavour when you add pineapple to it..love it!!

AnuSriram said...

Thats a lovely recipe! Innovative! Thanks for visiting my blog. You have a wonderful blog here. Have added to my blogroll!

Sathya Sankar said...

This is a new one to me. Looks very delicious, will try it.

Ankita said...

Thanks everyone.
Yup its kesari with pineapple touch.
Preety pineapple pastry sounds interested do post it if you give it a try.
Gita,I live at Alexandria,VA.Do let me know whenever you visit any place near to me we can surely meet.