Monday, March 9, 2009

Batatatychya kacharya


Batatatycha(potato) kacharya is one of the most popular maharashtrian side dish popular among kids.But at my place everyone loves them and why not they are so delicious and I am always short of them even though I make a larger batch.I made it yesterday and I had no time to take a click when I laid them in dish since within seconds they were almost gone.

Ingredients

2 medium potatoes washed,peeled and cut in circular disc 0.5 cm thick
oil for frying

Mix in a bowl:

2 tbsp besan
1 tbsp rice flour
1 tsp sooji
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chilli powder
salt

Method

  • Heat a skillet.Spread a tsp oil on it when hot.
  • Coat each of the potato disc with the mixture in the bowl and place them on the skillet.
  • Drizzle a tbsp of oil.Cover and cook till the side on the skillet is golden brown flip and repeat the process on the other side.Complete the remaining batch in the same manner.
Serve hot.
Note: If you cut the disc less thinner you can shallow fry them without covering the skillet.