1 cup All purpose flour
1 tbsp corn starch
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup orange juice,preferably fresh
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp orange zest
What you need to do
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F.Grease a loaf tin.
- In a bowl,sift the flour,baking soda,baking powder,corn starch and salt.Set aside.
- In another bowl,cream the oil and sugar until smooth.
- To this sugar mixture add the orange and lemon juice and mix well.
- Now add the flour mixture and orange zest.Fold gently.Make sure there are no lumps in the batter.
- Pour this batter in the prepared loaf tin.Pat the tin couple of times on the counter to release air bubbles,if any.
- Bake in the preheat oven for 35-40 mins or until the toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
- When warm,unmold and let it cool on a wire rack until cooled complete.Store in airtight container.
- You can use any store bought orange juice,but add sugar accordingly.
- I have tried the same recipe with mango juice with great results.
- I add a tbsp of tutti-frutti to this cake when I am baking it for kids.