1 cup cauliflower florets
1/4 cup carrot,cubed
1/4 cup green pepper/capsicum,cubed
1/4 cup green beans,cut an inch long
1/4 cup green peas
1 medium potato,cubed
1 large onion,sliced lengthwise
1 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp coriander-cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp chilli powder,adjust to taste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tbsp crushed kasoori methi
1 tbsp white poppy seeds/khuskhus
1 bay leaf
2 medium tomatoes,blanched and pureed
3 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp ghee/butter
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt to taste
What you need to do
- In a kadhai/pressure cooker,heat 1 tbsp of oil.When hot,add the onion and cook till translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook for couple of mins.
- Add tomato puree,coriander-cumin powder,poppy seeds and chilli powder and cook till the mixture oozes oil.
- Add cilantro and turn off the heat.
- Let the mixture cool.Grind it to a smooth paste.
- In the same cooker,add a tbsp of oil and a tbsp of ghee.When hot add the vegetables and turmeric powder and saute on medium heat for 4-5 mins till you see few light brown scars on the vegetables.
- Remove all the vegetables in a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp ghee.When hot add the bay leaf ,kashmiri chilli powder,1 tbsp cilantro and 1/2 tsp garam masala,Add the ground paste and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Add the vegetables,kasuri methi,salt,Cover and cook for 4 mins.
- Add 1 cup water and pressure cook for 2 whistle on medium low heat.Alternatively,cook in kadhai covered for 20-25 mins.
- Add the remaining 1/2 tsp garam masala,sugar,lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- The vegetables used for kurma should be chopped atleast 1-1 1/2 inch thick.