A great way to serve couscous to your kids.Quick and easy one pot dish.Ready to be served under 15 mins.
2/3 C Couscous
2 tbsp white/brown sugar (or adjust to taste)
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp silvered almonds
1 tsp unsalted butter/clarified butter
1/8 C mixture of nuts and dry fruits of your choice.(optional)
1 1/8 C Water
What you need to do
- Place the water,sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan and bring it to boil.If you would like to add nuts and dry fruits,add them to the water before it come to a boil.
- Drop in the couscous and butter.
- Mix well and remove the saucepan off the heat.
- Cover and let it rest for 5-10 minutes so that all the water get absorbed by the couscous.
- Lightly fluff it with a fork.Garnish with almonds and serve.
- Replace water with orange juice and cinnamon with orange zest for a yummy orange flavored couscous.
Makes 2 servings.